What is candidiasis?
Do you know that there are several types of bacteria and fungus which lives and grow on your skin and nails? All of them are not dangerous but few among them can cause also result in causing infection called as candidiasis.
Candidiasis od skin and nails is a condition basically caused over your skin and nails, due the overgrowth of the candida fungus and yeast which results in the formation of red, itchy rash in the folds of your skin and nails.
Symptoms of Candidiasis
The main symptom of candidiasis is the rashes over your skin resulting in itching, redness, blisters, pustules and infection. These rashes can also affect your other parts of your body like armpit, groin, breast, nails edges and mouth corners.
You can also identify the symptoms of candida due to the various body conditions like eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, weak immune system, sinus, joint pain, loss of sex drive, allergy issues, hives, herpes, ringworms, bad breath, hormone imbalance and mood disorder.
How is Candidiasis of the skin diagnosed?
Apart from the above symptoms candidiasis can also be diagnosed by the doctor where they perform a test over your skin by rubbing a cotton swab on the affected area and collecting a skin sample through it. Later they send the sample to laboratory for the examination and tell you about the results.
Causes of candidiasis of the skin and nails
- Poor hygiene
- Tight clothing
- Change in weather conditions
- Infrequent undergarment changes
- Poor diet
- Depression or stress
- Keeping your nails dry from all type of harsh substances and liquids especially water.
- Start wearing gloves in your daily routine for protecting your nails and skin.
- Treat you nails by giving extra care to it. Try to use petroleum jelly or thicker-based lubricants instead of watery lotions.
- Losing weight can also curb the problem easily and effectively.
- Maintain a good oral and health hygiene.
- Keep an eye check on your blood sugar level and the diabetic’s patients should pay more attention on their diet.
- Prefer using antibiotics which can easily kill the harmless bacteria and fungus and stops its growth.
- Start maintaining a healthy diet of yours including green veggies and fruits.
- Also there are many home remedies which can be easily help in curing the problems.
Get the list of hospitals in Delhi from Mynahcare.